About Us: Overview
Salisbury Neighborhood Housing Services (SNHS) is a private non-profit organization. SNHS was incorporated in 1994 with the vision of increasing homeownership in under-served and distressed communities. At the foundation of this vision were concepts such as resident empowerment, redevelopment, public/private partnership and aggressive intervention. SNHS has continued to reinvent itself through the commitment of a dedicated Staff and Board of Directors. As SNHS moves forward into our next 10 years our goals remain:
- To Increase Homeownership.
- To Reduce Neighborhood Blight.
- To Provide Resources for Home Improvement.
- To Encourage Private Investment by Banks, Homeowners, Commercial and Industrial Users and Landlords.
- To Foster Sustainable Change Through Education, Training and Leadership Development.
- To Develop Self Sustaining Programs.