Target Area Homes
SNHS has focused its revitalization efforts in the following areas:
Rehabilitation and Renovation
- SNHS Rehab Loans
- Renovation and repair loans to homeowners within the City limits of Salisbury. The current interest rate is 1%. The maximum loan amount is $15,000 unless otherwise approved by the SNHS loan committee. The term is based upon the scope of work, the amount of the loan and affordability of the applicant.
- State of Maryland Housing Rehab Programs
- MHRP – Maryland Home Rehabilitation Program A State of Maryland (DHCD) – Rehab program packaged by SNHS for homeowners within the city of Salisbury limits. Applicant’s total household income must be below 80% of Area Median Income to be eligible for this program. The interest rate (0-7%) and the terms are set by the State of Maryland based on affordability. Deferred (for 20 years) loans are possible for very low-income (below 50% of Area Median Income) homeowners.
- S.T.A.R. – Special Targeted Applicant Rehabilitation Program – A State of Maryland (DHCD) rehab program packaged by SNHS for homeowners within the city of Salisbury limits for extremely low income level households. Applicant’s total household income must generally be below 30% of Area Median Income, or up to 55% of AMI in certain circumstances. Payment is deferred for 20 years.
- LHRGLP – Lead Hazard Reduction Grant Loan Program – A State of Maryland (DHCD) rehab program packaged by SNHS for homeowners within most of the city of Salisbury limits (depending upon census tract). Grant or loan approval is made by the State’s DHCD agency based on affordability and equity (or lack thereof).
- Construction/Rehabilitation Technical Assistance
- Customer support in understanding the housing rehabilitation process.