Under the CARES Act, Congress has provided money to fund the Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG) for activities to prevent, prepare for and respond to the coronavirus crisis. Through Wicomico County, Salisbury NHS has been chosen to facilitate in awarding the funding to those in need of rental assistance because they have experienced a loss of income directly related to COVID-19.
Who can apply through SNHS?
- Anyone who lives in Wicomico County and is delinquent on their rent – this program does not differentiate between a city or county address
- Income loss must be directly related to COVID-19 and documented
- Applicants cannot have received prior assistance from CARES Act funding
- Applicants cannot exceed the 80% Area Median Income (AMI) for this program
How to apply?
- E-mail SNHS COVID Rental Assistance Coordinator, Annette Cottman at email@example.com or by calling 410.543.4626
- An application will be sent by e-mail. Once received, you will then need to print and fill-out the information requested and return the application along with the list of requested documents. Our Coordinator will review all documents and determine your eligibility.
*What else should I know?
- Up to (6) six consecutive months of rental assistance can be provided
- Utilities, late fees and other expenses including court costs are not eligible
- Households that received an eviction notice prior to March 16, 2020 are not eligible
- Persons/households in public housing or receiving housing financial assistance are not eligible. Tenants in LIHTC properties are eligible unless they are getting Section 8 or Tenant Based Rental Assistance
- Funding is based on first come, first serve basis if available.
- Various agencies in Wicomico County are facilitating CDBG funding. Filling out an application outside of the SNHS Office does not automatically qualify you for our program. Please contact the SNHS COVID Rental Assistance Coordinator to fill out our application.
*the policies and requirements listed above are not all inclusive. Additional guidelines may apply.