About Us: Overview
Salisbury Neighborhood Housing Services (SNHS) is a private non-profit organization. Our mission is to cultivate sustainable neighborhoods with partnerships and lending that inspire self-reliance, growth and optimism.
The organization was incorporated in 1994 with the vision of increasing homeownership in the City of Salisbury and received our charter from NeighborWorks American in July of 1995. At the foundation of this vision were concepts such as resident empowerment, redevelopment, public/private partnership and aggressive intervention. SNHS has continued to reinvent itself through the commitment of a dedicated Staff and Board of Directors.
As SNHS moves forward into our next 10 years our goals remain to:
- Increase Homeownership
- Reduce Neighborhood Blight
- Provide Resources for Home Improvement
- Encourage Private Investment by Banks, Homeowners, Commercial Users and Landlords
- Foster Sustainable Change Through Education, Training and Leadership Development
- Develop Self-Sustaining Programs