Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) provides direct financial assistance and housing stability services to renters who are struggling to make payments for their rent and utilities. Assistance can be used for rental arrears, prospective rental payments, utility and home energy cost arrears, prospective utility and home energy costs, and other expenses related to housing incurred due, directly or indirectly, to the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak.
Who can apply through SNHS?
- Renters who live in Wicomico County
Print the application and gather supporting documents below. Complete and submit to our office at 560 Riverside Dr. Suite A102, Salisbury, MD 21801.
*What else should I know?
- A household may not receive more than 15 total months of assistance under ERAP (including arrears, prospective payments, and one-time housing related costs)
- Funding is prioritized by
Census tracts (1,2,3,4, & 102) have been identified by the ERAP program as “target” areas where priority funding, rapid application approval and expedited funding is being encouraged. To see if you qualify for this and/or live in these census tracts, please click the map LINK When the pop-up map appears, input your full street name full address and click “search.”
- Household income is below 50% AMI
- One or more individuals within the household are unemployed as of the date of the application for assistance AND have not been employed for the last 90 days
Various agencies in Wicomico County are facilitating COVID-19 related funding. Filling out an application outside of the SNHS Office does not automatically qualify you for our program. Please contact the SNHS Office to fill out our application.
*the policies and requirements listed above are not all inclusive. Additional guidelines may apply.