CLOSING COST and downpayment grants
Salisbury Neighborhood Housing facilitates the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) assistance program for those looking to purchase homes within the city limits of Salisbury or Wicomico County. The maximum income is 80% of the area median income. Call Assistant Director, Jane Hoy at 410.543.4626 to see if you qualify.
- Up to $10,000 in downpayment and closing cost assistance grants. Based on property address and availability of funds.
- Property must be owner occupied.
- Grant amount will be determined by need and borrower’s other available assets.
- 5 year forgivable lien recorded against the property.
- Applicant must complete SNHS’s Homebuyer Education class prior to settlement
- Income restrictions apply – total household income must be less than 80% AMI. This includes income of ALL household residents, not just the person on the loan.
- Can be used in conjunction with FHA loans.
- A $60.00 recording fee is required at settlement.
- Borrower(s) must contribute $1,000.00 of their own funds toward the purchase.
- May not own any other property.
- Must be a Maryland first time homebuyer.
- Must have a ratified sales contract to reserve funds.
- Settlement must occur within 60 days of application.
- Home inspection and lead paint visual assessment is required to be completed by a licensed home inspector. All required repairs must be completed and re-inspected prior to settlement.
- **Additional requirements may apply.
SALISBURY AREA 80% OF AREA MEDIAN INCOME – 2019
These figures represent 80% of Area Median Income for Salisbury. They are to be used as an index for determining income eligibility for programs where household income is limited to “at or below 80% of Area Median Income.”