Education and Development
Thinking of owning a home and not sure where to start or want to know more? Or in danger of foreclosure? Utilize some of the services offered through SNHS to get you on the right track to achieving your dream.
Available to Somerset, Worcester & Wicomico County Residents
- Homebuyer Education Training
Learn the A-Z of homeownership from our HUD Certified Housing Counselors. This workshop is offered on a quarterly basis. The curriculum covers pre-purchase and post-purchase topics. Required of all SNHS customers prior to settlement. A fee of $100.00 may be charged to cover the cost of materials. Alternatively, there is an on-line class also offered at a cost of $100.00. To register and take the on-line class, please go to www.ehomeamerica.org.
- Homebuyers Education Workshop – Haitian Edition: Jan. 26 and Feb. 2 at the Langeler Memorial Building, 225 N. Division St. in Salisbury, MD. This class is specifically geared towards the local Haitian Community, complete with translator. Spots are available to attend. Call the SNHS office at 410.543.4626 to register. View flyer HERE.
- Homebuyers Education Workshop: Feb. 23 at Rivers Edge, 670 Fitzwater St. in Salisbury, MD. Spots are available to attend. Call the SNHS office at 410.543.4626 to register. View flyer HERE.
- Pre-Qualification Review
Pre-qualification reviews are offered to prospective buyers to evaluate their credit readiness and affordability. Ideally, applicants would undertake this review prior to making an offer on a specific house or searching for financing. Click HERE for a list of what to bring to the review.
- Individual Budget and Homeownership Readiness Counseling
Service provided for customers not yet ready to purchase because of credit and budgeting issues, but who are committed to the goal of homeownership, or who are delinquent on existing mortgages.
- Foreclosure Counseling and Intervention
SNHS is a HUD certified foreclosure counseling agency. Our staff will work with clients and their lenders to try and avoid foreclosure. This is a FREE service offered to any homeowner who is having trouble meeting their mortgage obligation.
- Post Purchase Workshop – Along with the opportunities created by homeownership, also come financial challenges as well as new neighbors and new responsibilities. The purpose of this workshop is to prepare you for the new challenges brought about by owning a new home.
SNHS also offers professional and community development for the local community. Opportunities include:
- Realtor Information Session
Provides realtors with a comprehensive understanding of SNHS program guidelines and policies. Members of our staff are available to speak to groups on topics such as financial literacy, owning a home and more.
- Speaking Engagements
Members of our staff are available to speak to groups on topics such as financial literacy, owning a home. Thinking of something else? Let us know.