Education and Development
Thinking of owning a home and not sure where to start or want to know more? In danger of foreclosure? Utilize some of the services offered through SNHS to get you on the right track to achieving your dream.
Available to Somerset, Worcester & Wicomico County Residents
- Homebuyer Education Training
Learn the A-Z of homeownership from our HUD Certified Housing Counselors. This workshop is offered on a quarterly basis. The curriculum covers pre-purchase and post-purchase topics. Required of all SNHS customers prior to settlement. A fee may be charged to cover the cost of materials.
- Alternatively, there is an online class also offered at a cost of $100.00. To register and take the online class, please go to www.ehomeamerica.org. Don’t have a computer? No problem. Call to find out about our availability of our new in-office option. We have a room and computer designated for this service.
- For step-by-step directions on how to access the correct class through E-Home America, CLICK HERE.
- Post Purchase Workshop – Along with the opportunities created by homeownership, also come financial challenges as well as new neighbors and new responsibilities. The purpose of this workshop is to prepare you for the new challenges brought about by owning a new home.
SNHS also offers professional and community development for the local community. Opportunities include:
- Speaking Engagements and Realtor Information Session
Our presentations provide groups with a comprehensive understanding of SNHS program guidelines and policies. Members of our staff are available to speak to groups on topics such as financial literacy, owning a home and more. Thinking of something else? Let us know.