reverse mortgage counseling
Salisbury NHS offers counseling for those looking to obtain a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage. (HECM) This type of mortgage allows seniors to access the equity in their homes. Eligibility requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Be 62 years of age or older
- Own and occupy the property as your principal residence
- Complete counseling session with a certified HECM Counselor
- Additional requirements
Appointments can be scheduled by calling our office at 410.543.4626. The following information is important to understand when seeking counseling through Salisbury NHS for a reverse mortgage:
- Counseling sessions are by appointment only.
- Appointments must be completed face to face in our office and can last up to 3 hours
- Materials will be sent prior to appointment for review by client. The content is critical in understanding the reverse mortgage process and required to be read before appointment.
- Be prepared to bring any paperwork from your mortgage lender to the counseling session
- All persons listed on the deed to the property or power of attorney must be present for the counseling session